Alan Austin is an Australian freelance journalist now living near Nîmes in the South of France. His special interests are the news media, religious affairs and economic and social issues which impact the disadvantaged.
Alan has written for many media outlets and been published in most Australian newspapers and online publications. He wrote the influential Uniting Church report on prisons in Victoria in the 1980s which led directly to the jailing of prison officers for drug offences. He worked for eight years with ABC Radio and Television’s religious broadcasts unit and seven years with World Vision. His most recent part-time appointment was with the Uniting Church magazine Crosslight.
Overseas, he has worked as journalist in Indonesia, China and now France.
Articles written by Alan Austin (41)
- 7 December 2013 | Abbott and Murdoch: All out damage control
- 26 November 2013 | Indonesia crisis entirely of Tony Abbott’s making
- 16 November 2013 | Abbott Government's broken promises: so many, so soon
- 15 November 2013 | What has Kevin Rudd ever done for us?!
- 29 October 2013 | Murdoch and Fairfax use Labor to destroy Labor
- 27 September 2013 | Downer by name, disaster by nature
- 19 September 2013 | Press Council finds Fairfax fabricated AWU Gillard stories
- 5 September 2013 | We really must talk about Tony Abbott and Joe Hockey
- 3 September 2013 | We really must talk about the Howard and Costello economic disaster
- 28 August 2013 | We really must talk about Murdoch’s tame economists
- 21 August 2013 | We really must talk about what actually did save Australia
- 15 August 2013 | We really must talk about this debt nonsense
- 13 August 2013 | We really must talk about the pink batts
- 9 August 2013 | We really must talk about all these lies
- 27 July 2013 | Tony Abbott's latest 15 lies
- 13 June 2013 | Fifteen fabulous success stories Australians must never be told
- 5 June 2013 | ABC's 'Furdoch' News blows case for public funding
- 23 May 2013 | Sloppy Joe Hockey's 15 biggest Press Club furphies
- 19 May 2013 | Tony Abbott’s 12 biggest budget reply porkie pies
- 10 May 2013 | How will Tony cope in gaol?
- 30 April 2013 | Debt and deficit Downunder — don’t be so damned depressed!
- 26 March 2013 | Libs move to axe Abbott after poll shock
- 16 March 2013 | News Limited’s hysterical campaign confirms need for media regulation
- 4 March 2013 | Joe has no idea
- 20 February 2013 | Fairfax's anti-Government bias is as clear as (David) Day
- 7 February 2013 | The Australian media and week one of the "campaign"
- 2 February 2013 | The Australian's media campaign against anti-discrimination
- 26 November 2012 | The Canberra volcano: "Questions the PM must answer"
- 19 November 2012 | IPA falsifiers fear fact checking fad
- 9 November 2012 | Europe reacts to Obama's re-election
- 30 October 2012 | The uncharitable IPA
- 10 October 2012 | Alan Jones and 2GB — lessons not learnt
- 26 September 2012 | More distortions by the IPA and News over internet privacy laws
- 13 September 2012 | The truth about homosexual health
- 4 September 2012 | Truth versus lies — the new political divide?
- 31 August 2012 | The world moves forward to support marriage equality
- 16 August 2012 | Refugees and the Houston Report
- 26 July 2012 | Ministerial responsibility in Australia: accuracy please
- 21 June 2012 | Marriage in the Judeo-Christian scripture — those kinky Hebrews
- 22 May 2012 | Wind shift in church gay union match
- 9 September 2011 | Murdoch media in Australia: malign but excisable
Donate to IA
Donate to IA, securely via PayPal...
Or donate via bank transfer...
A/C name: Independent Australia; BSB: 124-001; A/c no: 21890458. (Click on email and send us your receipt so we can thank you!)
Receive IA's free weekly newsletter in your inbox. Join Today