CONTRIBUTE TO INDEPENDENT AUSTRALIA
Independent Australia is one of Australia’s most popular online magazines, with thousands of people reading IA stories every day.
Our stories come from our talented editorial team, and also from a host of high and low profile contributors from right around the world. We publish on every topic and all our stories have an underlying thread — a desire to fight wrongs and right injustice, and to make the world a better place.
So, would you like to contribute to Independent Australia and get paid for it?
It’s easy, simply email your article – which could be on any topic – to email@example.com. We will consider everything, but we prefer pieces that range from between 300 and 3,000 words, and preference pieces of between 700 and 1,200 words.
As for getting paid, if the article receives 5,000 unique pageviews (that is, views from different IP addresses) as determined by Google Analytics, then we will pay you $125 for that contribution.
And we will pay $125 for each subsequent lot of 5,000 “uniques” the article receives*.
IA only began in June 2010, but our rapid growth is such that we now receive close to 400,000 unique visits a month** — a figure rising in line with our ever increasing popularity. This means it isn’t easy to get this number of views for a particular story, but it does happen very often.
Oh, and one last thing — please make sure you let us know if your piece has been published previously elsewhere.
- Re-read your story and try to make the copy as good as you can. We receive a large number of submissions so, contributors who put extra effort in to save us time will receive precedence. (Please note: only one space between sentences.)
- Try to include as much image, graphic and video content with your story as possible. As an online magazine, we publish less articles, but focus on making the ones we do more comprehensive and colourful than comparable online publications. Please also attribute the sources of your multimedia and licence details.
- Look for issues the mainstream media isn’t reporting, or take a different angle than the herd mentality we usually see from the MSM. We are looking for new ideas, not the same old spin.
- Shorter stories are generally more highly read than longer stories.
- We publish on all topics, but our editorial focus is on Federal politics, democracy, Australian identity, Indigenous issues, economics, finance, law and the justice system.
* Payment methodology for stories published after 1 September 2013
** Figures accurate as at 31 August 2013.
David Donovan | Managing Editor Independent Australia ‘The journal of democracy and independent thought’
PO Box 260, Isle of Capri, Qld, 4217
Mobile: +61 403 237 880 | Fax: +61 7 5526 8217
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.independentaustralia.net
Twitter: twitter.com/IndependentAus | Facebook: facebook.com/IndependentAus